Smart Boards have revolutionised the way that we teach today.
Lessons become more interactive and multi-sensory orientated. This in itself allows a broader range of learners to be reached.
The benefits and advantages of computers and smart boards in the classroom are many and varied:
· Smart Boards along with Laptops helps motivate and engage children
· Smart Boards along with Laptops helps prepare children for the world of work
Today's workplace is dominated by computers, technologies, applications and devices that children already love to use in the rest of their lives. ICT is the learning and teaching tool of the 21st century.
· Smart Boards along with Laptops opens up new opportunities in teaching and learning
Teaching using ICT offers teachers the chance to inject new passion into their subjects, to adopt fresh approaches, pool ideas and develop new skills to expand their career possibilities.
· Smart Boards along with Laptops helps schools to maximise ALL their resources
· ICT saves valuable time and money by maximising the impact of teachers' efforts and streamlining management and admin processes. According to school surveys the majority of schools believe that ICT 'helps reduce teacher workload in terms of lesson preparation, planning and assessment'.
· Smart Boards along with Laptops are flexible
ICT can be tailored to suit pupils of all ages and abilities, and teachers of all skills sets, to support teachers and pupils across the whole curriculum. (Over 99 per cent of primary schools in
St Mary’s DSG has decided to incorporate laptops in the whole learning environment of our senior school and these are some of the reasons why we are ahead of our time.
Because the future is here
ICT is the learning and teaching tool of the 21st century. By teaching pupils using ICT, you're not only helping them learn better; you're preparing them for a workplace – a world – already dominated by the computer. This is today's technology, not tomorrow's.
Because pupils love it!
Incorporating ICT and multimedia resources into your lessons is a great way to reach your pupils – using technologies, devices and applications that they already love to use in the rest of their lives.
Because it helps develop teaching professionals too
Teaching using ICT offers you the chance to inject new passion into your subject, to adopt fresh approaches to familiar material, and to develop new skills to expand your own career potential.
Oh! And because it's fun…