VALUES AT ST MARY’S DSG
RESPECT FOR GOD and the spiritual traditions of the school
- Means honouring God in our communal worship services and in our individual lives
- Means humbly seeking to be Christ-like in all our relationships
- Means encouraging spiritual growth and the development of a personal faith in God
- Means generously offering our lives in service to God and his people
- Means to make an effort to understand and respect other people’s religions.
- Means showing kindness and love to others.
- Means to remain quiet and behave appropriately and reverently in a place of worship
- Means to participate actively in Chapel services and acts of worship e.g. singing enthusiastically.
RESPECT FOR SELF
- Means we are uniquely created and therefore respect our bodies
- Means we must do the best we can in caring for our mind, body and soul
- Means acknowledging who we are and presenting ourselves in a valuable way.
- Means to have pride in what we do but still be humble.
- Means to resist peer pressure
- Means to take responsibility for our own actions rather than blaming others
- Means to acknowledge and accept the consequences of any misdemeanour we have committed.
- Means to set a good example to our peers and to behave in a responsible and reliable manner
- Means to ensure that our assignments are our own work.
- Means being truthful whilst showing sensitivity to others
- Means to keep working towards improvement in all areas of our lives
- Means to try our best to be positive
- Means to complete our homework and hand it in on time.
- Means to do the tasks assigned to the best of our ability
- Means once a commitment has been made it should be taken seriously
- Means being accountable for our own behaviour and decisions
RESPECT FOR OTHERS
- Means working for what is good for the school community
- Means to show sympathy for others and encourage our peers positively.
- Means to greet and be courteous towards all of whom we come into contact with.
- Means to respect the belongings of others.
- Means to help each other when we can see someone who is in need of help.
- Means to support each other in standing up for what is right
- Means to respect other people’s privacy
- Means everyone has a right to their own viewpoint, although we do not support viewpoints which go against other DSG values
- Means to be patient.
- Means to allow everyone to express their views and opinions without discrimination.
- Means to understand people instead of judging them.
- Means working fairly together
- Means working in teams to achieve shared goals
- Means to share ideas and help find joint and creative solutions.
- Means to work together as one community.
Means we support justice for all people
- Means people have equal opportunities
- Means to treat others as we would like to be treated.
- Means not to discriminate for any reason against anyone.
- Means taking pride in our school and work.
- Means honouring and upholding our school’s values.
- Means to wear our uniform with pride and carry ourselves in a manner respectful to ourselves and others.
- Means to respect the privileges and traditions of the school e.g. standing aside for older people.
- Means to respect and adhere to the school rules, which basically ensures that we will respect our environment, peers, religion, cultures, parents, teachers and school.
- Means to have a positive outlook towards ourselves, our school and others.
- Means to spread a positive image of our school to people outside DSG.
- Means to remember that everything we do outside of school bears consequences and stays with us forever.